Father’s Day is just around the corner. Each year, the week leading up to and including Father’s Day, is Men’s Health Week. Men’s Health Week is a great time to focus on keeping our fathers, brothers, uncles, and sons healthy — by educating them on health issues that disproportionately affect men, raising awareness of preventable health problems, and encouraging early detection and treatment of disease.
What is one thing you can do today? Call your doctor to schedule your annual wellness exam. That one simple step can make a big difference!
Did you know?
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for U.S. men
- More U.S. men die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer
- Prostate cancer and colorectal cancer are the second and third most common causes of cancer death in U.S. men, respectively
- 34% of U.S. adult men are obese, and 32% have hypertension
- Men aged 60 and over are more likely to be obese than younger men
For information on Men’s Health Week, check out the Blueprint for Men’s Health Blueprint for Men’s Health – Guide to a Healthy Lifestyle (blueprintformenshealth.com)
Need information on Medicare coverage of preventive services? A MMAP Counselor can help explain what services are available.